[CLUE-Tech] setting up a wireless JetDirect under Linux

James LaRue jlarue at jlarue.com
Sun Aug 8 13:03:47 MDT 2004

Oh wizards, hear my plea!

I bought a JetDirect. My intent was to use it as a wireless print
server. I can print from it using a Linux box that is directly wired to
the router. I cannot, however, get it to print from my PCLinuxOS-based
box (a Mandrake fork) wirelessly. Nor can I Google up a good FAQ. Can
anybody point me in the right direction? I've tried setting it up by IP,
using port 9100, and even when I get a "sent successfully," nothing
happens.