[CLUE-Tech] setting up a wireless JetDirect under Linux

Sun Aug 8 13:17:03 MDT 2004

Can you print from the affected workstation wiredly?

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us] On Behalf Of James LaRue
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 1:04 PM
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] setting up a wireless JetDirect under Linux

Oh wizards, hear my plea!

I bought a JetDirect. My intent was to use it as a wireless print server. I
can print from it using a Linux box that is directly wired to the router. I
cannot, however, get it to print from my PCLinuxOS-based box (a Mandrake
fork) wirelessly. Nor can I Google up a good FAQ. Can anybody point me in
the right direction? I've tried setting it up by IP, using port 9100, and
even when I get a "sent successfully," nothing happens.