[CLUE-Tech] good hosting companies

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Mon Aug 9 14:40:18 MDT 2004

On Monday,  9 August 2004 at 16:13:04 -0400, Angelo Bertolli
<angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions on a good hosting company.
> Right now we're with Rackspace, but I think they're over
> priced.  Does anyone have any good experience with another
> company?

I've had my web site and email hosted by OpenSourceHost for
almost 16-months.  They are committed to Linux and OSS.
Therefore, they may not be a viable option if you require
non-OSS software.  Despite the commitment to OSS, they don't
do Postgres-SQL.  That could be an issue for some.

 http://www.opensourcehost.com/

I've been pleased with both their uptime and service.

> Also, does anyone know how good tools like Plesk and Ensim
> are?  I'm moving towards setting things up with an interface
> that someone else could probably take over for me if needed.

I've been pleased with both their uptime and service.  They
use cpanel, which I understand is much like Plesk.  It's a
web interface to most tools you'll need to manage a hosted
domain.  This is a link to their cPanel demo:

 https://www.opensourcehost.com/mambo/content/view/20/2/