[CLUE-Tech] good hosting companies

Jeff Falgout jfalgout at co.jefferson.co.us
Mon Aug 9 22:00:59 MDT 2004

Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions on a good hosting company.  Right now
we're
> with Rackspace, but I think they're over priced.  Does anyone have any

> good experience with another company?  Also, does anyone know how good

> tools like Plesk and Ensim are?  I'm moving towards setting things up
> with an interface that someone else could probably take over for me if

> needed.
>
> Angelo

For personal hosting I'd highly recommend http://www.jvds.com/.  I have
no affiliation but I've hosted my email & web on a usermode linux vds
there for about a year an a half and always had great, knowledgeable
support.  Rus, the owner, is a linux/bsd diehard and they offer a good
choice of distros (RedHat, Fedora, Debian, Suse, Gentoo, Slack and
BSD's).
-Ken

Ken -

Do you use just the shared hosting or do you use the VPS. If you use the
VPS, how much diskspace does the OS install take and does the system act
like you only have the memory that comes with the plan? If shared
hosting, are you able to use any php app (I'm wanting to run just
gallery) or are you limited to whatever cms they support? This looks to
really cool.

Jeff