[CLUE-Tech] Migrating from Outlook Express to Thunderbird

Dan Harris dan at drivefaster.net
Wed Aug 11 09:44:08 MDT 2004

Jeff Cann wrote:

>On Tuesday 10 August 2004 5:49 pm, Dan Harris wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to slowly pry them out of MS's death grip but these
>>roadblocks are frustrating.  Has anyone had success making the above work?
>>

>You could store messages on shared folders, using courier-imap.  Such folders
>have several useful attributes:

Oh yes, that would be my preferred setup. However, the reason they are
storing them on a file server is so they can have the emails and all the
files related to that project in one place.  So they can go to their
respective drive letter, navigate to the project folder and see all
spreadsheets, word docs, pdfs, CAD drawings, photos, and emails
organized in a single folder.  They can also archive projects as a whole
by just dragging a single folder around.

It's not the way I would have chosen to do it, but it really does work
nicely.

-Dan