[CLUE-Tech] Confict With MIDI Players

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 19:03:39 MDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:19:53 -0600 "Vern B. Southern"
<vbsouthern at access4less.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 August 2004 04:47 pm, Matt Gushee wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean by "the OS default."
>
> When I open the directory where I keep all my midi files and click on
> anyfile.mid the Mandrake operating system opens the midi file with Kmidi and
> everything works just fine.
>
> When I use the Konqueror Web Browser and I go to a webpage that has a midi
> file embedded into the HTML code on the webpage the Konqueror Web Browser
> tries to open the midi using Kmid and Kmid gives me this infernal error
> message:

Maybe try a 'grep -R Kmid * in your .kde directory (or any other kde directory)
to see if you can find where the Kmid association is set. I'm not a kde heavy,
so I don't know where else kde might stow this crap. Worst case do the grep in
your home directory.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey