[CLUE-Tech] Arch Linux: Thumbs Up!

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Aug 30 16:56:09 MDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:51:33PM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> The package list on the homepage is a rather strange combination of stuff
>
> * bleeding edge gcc
> * middle of the road glibc

Well, Debian-Woody is still on glibc-2.2, which was starting to make it
damn near impossible to upgrade anything--one of the reasons I decided
to try something new. Anyway, I don't know that I necessarily want the
very latest libc--most of the API is quite stable, and new version are
likely to have new bugs.

> * quite current kernel (2.6.8-r3)
> * ancient xfce3

Well, they also have xfce4 ... in the Extra repository.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)