[CLUE-Tech] Business alternatives to DSL.

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 12:49:48 MST 2004

Here you can check out the various issues and thumbs up on certain services.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/

As far as SSH/VPN via satellite. There are some ways of achieiving this. You
can google it.
Here's a start.

http://linux-universe.com/HOWTO/Sat-HOWTO.html

You can dial into your office network if for some reason latency ever became
an issue with a sat link.

Comcast. The only issue I've dealt with them was a network outage (x's 4)
since having it. Oct of 2000.
Never had a static IP issue with my service through them. I have 5.

The biggest problem David will have to overcome is just getting a good decent
service and in his shoes. It's limited to a few niche markets until the DSL
tele's decide to work faster on providing good clean lines to every corner of
Colorado. Just don't hold your breath. :)

JD