[CLUE-Tech] Business alternatives to DSL.

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Mon Dec 6 12:18:53 MST 2004

David Anselmi wrote:
> Anyone have any suggestions how to provide Internet access to a small
> office?  It's in an office building so I don't know whether Comcast et.
> al. provide there.
>
> We just moved the office and the new location can't get DSL even though
> Qwest and the network cable guy thought it could.  But after being down
> a week they've decided we're 10,000' too far away and the line is
> disqualified.
>
> It will take about a week (they say) to get a decision whether their
> equipment can be extended close enough so in the meantime I might as
> well look for alternatives.

You might want to look at CBeyond.  This can install a DS1 and then replace
your long distance and last mile circuits using VOIP.  I used this solution
to replace a 640K QWest DSL, and multiple analog circuits, and ened up being
$50 a month cheaper while boosting the speed of the pipe to DS1 speeds.

	Chris