[clue-tech] gimp fonts for [printed] graphics

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Dec 22 23:40:56 MST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:22:35 -0700
Jeff Cann wrote:

> Is photoshop a vector program?  Other people I know use it for CMYK.
> Just curious.

AFAIK, it's a raster program. Isn't Illustrator Adobe's vector drawing
package?

Note, if you look at (for example)
/usr/share/pixmaps/nautilus/default/emblem-OK.svg (at least that's where
it is on my RH8 box -- should be close on any machine with Gnome2) that
it's created with Adobe Illustrator. You can just do a 'head' on any
Gnome-supplied svg files on your box, to see the "Generator" comment --
they're XML.

I use 'locate svg | grep svg$' to find these. It's actually much faster
than feeding a regex to the locate command.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/