[clue-tech] upgrade question

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 18:03:36 MST 2004

> I just went through a dead nightmare.
> I was running SuSE 9.1 on an old PC with a P3.
> It died, refusing to even get to the point of booting, dying in the POST
> routines.

I know how it is. I thought about jumping in my CPU fan to kill myself on 1
comp job that, Murphies law played so hard against me.
It turned out to be 1 bad stick of ram, 1 bad hard drive (Raid 0) and a tiny
little, what looked like an electrical arc on the back side of the
motherboard. The thing that amazes me is that the board worked 3/4's of the
time.
I finally decided; after fighting for a long time with soft/hard swaps, to
tear it completely apart and behold; A MESS!

> .....I love Linux!!  It is so easy to segregate things.)

True, True,True!!!!!
:)

JD