[clue-tech] Rootkit Hunter

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Fri Dec 31 09:53:13 MST 2004

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> Anyone used this?
>
> http://www.rootkit.nl/projects/rootkit_hunter.html
>
> At first glance, it sounds as if it'd be redundant with Tripwire. But
> maybe multiple scanning tools would be good -- the "belt and suspenders"
> approach.
>
> jed

I take care of a lot of servers and I happend to find this tool:

http://rfc.sourceforge.net/

I have one master server that connects to all of my other servers, performs
the checks on the other servers, and then e-mails me a report once a day.
Personally, I prefer AIDE over any other file system checker.  Though all
the checkers that it provides I feel is much better than Tripwire.  The
beauty of RFC is that it doesn't keep any database information on the
clients.  It's only kept on the master server.

	Chris