[CLUE-Tech] Laptop repair

skipworthy at realivetech.com skipworthy at realivetech.com
Mon Feb 9 10:40:42 MST 2004

Dale-

I have a 7500 that had that same problem. I think the 8000 still had  the
lid-hinge design flaw, where the hinge wears out, and displaces the
connector. I bought a new set of hinges and brackets (it needs to be
replaced as a set- the hinge pin gets bent and wears out the mounting
brackets etc etc ) installed them , and the video has been solid ever
since.An important hint, though: part of the design has the video cable
exposed and located in such a  way that it is possible to damage it pretty
easily, and there is very little room to work with putting it back together.

anyway- good luck. the inspiron is a good machine other than that.

Glen