[CLUE-Tech] Laptop repair

skipworthy at realivetech.com skipworthy at realivetech.com
Mon Feb 9 18:35:59 MST 2004

Dale-

the Dell website has the specs and procedures you need. the only other way
to get it done, afaik, is to send it to them to do the work and pay them to
do it ( unless the machine is still under warranty)

I got the hinges on ebay...just look for "dell inspiron 800o parts" "hinges"
I paid about $75 for them, but it took my a couple tries to win the auction.
The *best* place to get them, of course, would be dell, but last couple
times i tried, they would only sell parts to 'certified' techs.

a tip: you will end up mostly dismantling the laptop, so do it slowly and
organize all the screw ( I didn't and mine has not been quite the same).

good luck.