[CLUE-Tech] Laptop repair

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Feb 9 20:23:25 MST 2004

* skipworthy at realivetech.com (skipworthy at realivetech.com) wrote:
> Dale-
>
> the Dell website has the specs and procedures you need. the only other way
> to get it done, afaik, is to send it to them to do the work and pay them to
> do it ( unless the machine is still under warranty)
>
> I got the hinges on ebay...just look for "dell inspiron 800o parts" "hinges"
> I paid about $75 for them, but it took my a couple tries to win the auction.
> The *best* place to get them, of course, would be dell, but last couple
> times i tried, they would only sell parts to 'certified' techs.
>
> a tip: you will end up mostly dismantling the laptop, so do it slowly and
> organize all the screw ( I didn't and mine has not been quite the same).

I would add that, if you do end up taking apart your laptop -- be
extremely slow and careful.  I took apart an IBM before -- and broke
about 4 different, tiny plastic pieces.  There were a whole slew of very
fragile pieces of plastic on the thing that gave way easily to my
screwdriver and brute hand!

So use caution and try not to apply to much force.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==