Editors (was: [CLUE-Tech] my beloved pine and pico)

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Feb 11 07:07:08 MST 2004

"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> writes:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:51:31 -0700
> dhawkins at cdrgts.com (Dale K. Hawkins) wrote:
>
>> WIMP environment
>> n.
>>
>> [acronym: "Window, Icon, Menu, Pointing device
>
> Ah, yes, I had heard of that. Just buried in the brain someplace. So,
> that's ... Xemacs?

Both emacs and xemacs have their respective gui interfaces.  xemacs
originally used motif(?) but eventually moved to their widget set.
The newest emacs (version 21?) uses gnome (or at least gtk+).  I have
become used to xemacs otherwise I'd be more incline to use gnu emacs.

On a related note, anyone out there using eclipse?  I have heard good
things about eclipse, but since I really do not do much java
programming I have not had the motivation to learn the system.

-Dale