Editors (was: [CLUE-Tech] my beloved pine and pico)

Greg Knaddison greg at knaddison.com
Wed Feb 11 11:15:39 MST 2004

Quoting "Dale K. Hawkins" <dhawkins at cdrgts.com>:

> On a related note, anyone out there using eclipse?  I have heard good
> things about eclipse, but since I really do not do much java
> programming I have not had the motivation to learn the system.

I believe that if you learn it real real good the Eclipse would be a very useful
tool.  It has lots of nice features (CVS integration, code drop down auto
completion and autowriting of some stuff based upon recent variable declaration,
todo list management, syntax highlighting, plugins for lots of different
languages not just Java so when you are good at using it for PHP you can also be
good at using it for Python).  On the downside it is very slow on my ancient
computer :(

Greg