[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL and modems

dan radom dan at radom.org
Fri Feb 13 16:53:31 MST 2004

* black at galaxy.silvren.com (black at galaxy.silvren.com) wrote:
> In a couple of days I'm moving to Parker and believe that I can get Qwest
> DSL service in that area. Previously I've used Qwest DSL with MSN and
> Eartlink.
>
> When I first got Qwest DSL I purchased a Cisco 678 which worked fine as a
> router and even supported port forwarding. Later I moved and signed up
> with Earthlink, which provided me with a totally crappy DSL modem.
>
> Currently Qwest is peddling the Actiontec 1520 as their DSL modem of

Please please please do not start a new thread by replying to an existing
message and changing the subject.  It badly breaks thread viewing email
clients.  Feel free to read RFC1855 for more info about this.

Anyway.  The actiontech is a piece of crap.  Get a cisco 678.  They work
fine with the quest dsl service.

dan