[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL and modems

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 13 21:21:44 MST 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 3:40 PM, black at galaxy.silvren.com wrote:

> Is it possible to use basically any recently produced DSL modem with
> Qwest
> service? What DSL modems are others out there using or recommend?
> Ideally
> I'd like to buy a DSL modem/router that had built in 802.11g.

Why not see if they'll let you recycle your Cisco 678?  It depends on
whether or not they've changed line coding types, but they might be
able to support it.  (Of course, their drones in the call centers will
probably not have a clue about this and read from the script saying
that you can't use it -- period.)

My DSL is fed by Qwest and I'm still on a 678 here...

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com