[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL and modems

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Feb 14 11:46:48 MST 2004

* Frank Whiteley (techzone at greeleynet.com) wrote:
> A friend of mine found a compatible DSL modem with DMT on eBay that worked
> with Qwest.  There were several hundred for sale for about $19 each in
> quantity and bought one for testing.  It lasted about 3 weeks before
> smoking.

On this note, I should mention that I got a Zoom X4 DSL modem to work
fine with Qwest service, even though Qwest does not support it any way,
shape or form.  It was $99, which a few months ago was cheaper than what
Qwest wanted for the Actiontec ($150?).  I had to change when I moved
from Denver to WheatRidge -- my trusty old 675 lost its grandfathered
status.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==