[CLUE-Tech] RedHat 9 Firewire question

Don Collier dcollier at collierclan.com
Sat Feb 14 18:04:41 MST 2004

I have a question regarding firewire support in the newer kernels with
Redhat 9 and Fedora.  The default kernel with redhat 9 will recognise and
allow me to use my firewire devices but as soon as I install the newer
kernel, none of my firewire devices work.  I tried downloading a brand new
kernel from kernel.org and using the config file that came with the
default redhat kernel but I get the same results of nothing working.
Fedora is almost the same but the default kernel dosent even work with
that.  I have made sure that my the driver support for my device is
installed.

I have a Dell Latitude C810 running Redhat 9.  All updates have been
installed, except new kernel.  Kernel is 2.4.20-6 which works, tried
installing 2.4.24 which does not work.  I also downloaded 2.6.2 but have
not tried that yet.

Does anyone have any ideas about this.

Don Collier
dcollier at collierclan.com