[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla-mail backup?

R. Savage 71OEsAV71 at estreet.com
Sun Feb 15 16:07:37 MST 2004

We all know the merit of doing backups - saving files we can't afford to
lose. Though largely ephemeral, some email is like that. When I tripped
over the box the other day, it didn't do Mozilla-mail much good, and it
stopped working. It's up again, but it left me wondering: is it possible
to periodically save the to-ing and fro-ing of Mozilla-mail? Obviously,
Mozilla-mail maintains its own saved folders of stuff - inbox, sent,
drafts, etc, and it has the usual capability to export the bookmark
file. That doesn't do one much good if Moz-mail itself goes toes-up.  I
didn't find a menu item in Moz-mail that says "save folder x to your
choice of locations", nor did I find a directory in /var or /lib marked
"Mozilla-mail", nor anything in the "Help" file.

Any of the gurus (or at least non-newbies) out there figure out how to
do this?

Dick Savage
Franktown