[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla-mail backup?

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Feb 27 20:05:40 MST 2004

Ummm I could be wrong about this but,  I believe Mozilla uses straight
mbox format for mail.  Just save the files without extensions in your
mail directory, and you could copy them back in later if you needed to
migrate to a new system.  They're somewhere under
~/.mozilla/profiles/default/<randomsomething>/mail or thereabouts.
You'll see files like "Inbox" and you can cat them to see what they look
like.  Now, I'm not sure if after you migrate, you Mozilla might get
confused if you haven't actually CREATED the folders yet, and just
copied those files in there,  but my guess is it will see any of the
files with no extension as new folders.

Angelo