[CLUE-Tech] MS Office on Linux -- would you?

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Mon Feb 16 13:43:17 MST 2004

Jeff Cann wrote:

>Given this:
>
> + http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/02/13/HNlinuxoffice_1.html
>
>If MS Office were available on Linux, would you pony up for it?  Why / not?
>How does this affect Linux advocacy efforts to persuade companys to use Linux
>on the desktop.
>
>Just wondering.
>Jeff

No.  I want programs that comply with open document standards, so I can
switch vendors if dissatisfied or if another program is better.   Open
Office et al. seem to be a step in that direction.  MS Office is not.

Most companies use MS Office now, but at one time WordPerfect was king.
Companies managed to switch and survive.