[CLUE-Tech] MS Office on Linux -- would you?

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Mon Feb 16 15:55:43 MST 2004

Jeff Cann wrote:

>WP was (maybe still is?) available for Linux.

WP is no longer available for download, but can be found bundled with
some books.

It is getting a little long in the tooth --- screen fonts are difficult
to get a WYSIWYG display, printer support is falling behind, and it
lacks import/export filters. This makes it hard to use, and so many
users are going with OO or SO.

I really wish Corel would release the source code so that the FOSS
community could update it, but I understand that there are many, many
third party programs with it that make it a licensing nightmare and this
is why they won't.

BOF