[CLUE-Tech] MS Office on Linux -- would you?

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Feb 17 11:48:48 MST 2004

> I'm going to stick with my "no easily apparent way to turn them off"
> statement however (and my bitter hatred of "Word"): I had to change
> settings under two tabs (tab 1: "AutoCorrect" and tab 2: "AutoFormat
> As You Type") for some things to take effect.

It's not even that there's no apparent way to turn them off either--in my
opinion the defaults are the WRONG defaults.  Just like personalized menus
for both the start menu and Word.  Sure the idea of personalized menus is
kind of nice, but I think it was implemented totally wrong.  The idea that
things should be hidden just because you haven't looked at them in a while
doesn't make the menu personalized.  They should have just made the
"hidden" attribute do this instead.  As of now, you can "hide" items using
the attribute, but you have to actually go through explorer to unhide
them.  Oh well.  Like I said, "features" (read: headaches) like
"personalized menus" shouldn't have been turned on by default.

Angelo