[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL Pricing Change

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 20 03:07:16 MST 2004

On Feb 19, 2004, at 10:26 PM, Frank Whiteley wrote:

>> For those using MSN, there's a $3/month change in the service level
>> for
>> the ISP service.
>>
> Not so fast, Nate.  Qwest/MSN was $29.99/month with free modem.  Now
> it's

You somehow missed that I was describing an upgrade to existing 640K
service, not a new service order, and I was talking about higher
bandwidth than 256K.  You cut and pasted new service at 256K rates in
reply???

The key thing I'm trying to communicate is:
If you have 640K service from Qwest on DSL right now, you can call and
upgrade to 1.5Mb/s for FREE.

If you use MSN for your ISP, it'll cost $3/month more, if you use
another ISP (like FRII) there was no additional charge.  (I did it and
I'm on FRII, a friend did it and he's on MSN for the ISP portion of the
service -- my final bill remains the same as my 640K service, his will
be $3/month higher -- grand total.)

In other words, Qwest's pricing change makes 640K or 1.5M the same
price.  Might as well go up to 1.5M.

> Hope they crank up the stingers to 1.5M

Crank it up... more bandwidth!  Ludicrous speed!   Go!!!

;-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com