[CLUE-Tech] Re: Cracking websites

jim feldman jmf at jim-liesl.org
Sun Feb 22 14:22:11 MST 2004

It's not like the Apache folks haven't thought about this either.  Check
out the suEXEC wrapper and the User directive for <VirtualHost>.

"chrooted" apache is doable but very ugly from a maintenance
perspective.  You could look at User-mode-linux, but thats overkill for
what you need.  Check out the following link:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/09/04/jails.html
FreeBSD just did a better job addressing this need.  The only downside
is that each "jail" needs it's own unique ipaddr.

jim

--
BSD is what you get when a bunch of Unix hackers sit down to try to port
a Unix system to the PC. Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC