[CLUE-Tech] Gentoo installation

yuko.jonah at 4dv.net yuko.jonah at 4dv.net
Sat Feb 28 13:41:10 MST 2004

Dan, here is my grub config + partition setup using 2 hard drives.

windows xp
/dev/hda1 /windows xp C:\
/dev/hda2 /data D:\

2nd drive
/dev/hdb1 /boot
/dev/hdb2 /swap
/dev/hdb3 /root

Grub
default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title=gentoo Linux 2.6.3
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/kernel-2.6.3 root=/dev/hdb3
initrd (hd0,1) /initrd-2.6.3

title=Windows XP
root(hd0,0)
chainloader +1

Yuko Jonah

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down
to their level, then beat you with experience