[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL Pricing Change

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Feb 28 13:43:32 MST 2004

* Nate Duehr (nate at natetech.com) wrote:
> If anyone has Qwest DSL at 640K, they just changed their pricing to
> make their 1.5Mb/s service the same price.  You can call them and
> they'll put in an order to change it without charge.

Well, I called and asked them to upgrade me.  I was on the 'Select' plan
or whatever it was called, 256 up and down.

I was on that plan because that was all they said I was able to get
when I moved.

But they put my upgrade order through today with no problems.  Yay!

Or maybe not. I think I am far from the CO. My SNR numbers from my Zoom
'modem' are OK (~20 and 19 dB down/up), but my attenuation numbers
seem to be very high (~60 and 30 dB, down/up). I am also interleaved.
The things I have read on the Internet indicate (by folks who could be
either geniuses or morons, hard to tell which) that these numbers are
problematic.

So I guess I'll see what happens on March 8, my due date. But I may be
at my maximum speed already, in which case the lower-price package made
sense :-(

Any EM signal experts on the list?  I am training as a physicist, so I
am not afraid of tech-talk.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==