[CLUE-Tech] Gentoo installation

yuko.jonah at 4dv.net yuko.jonah at 4dv.net
Sat Feb 28 14:21:49 MST 2004

 Collins here is my partition
Here is how my partitions are set with 2 hard drives

windows xp
/dev/hda1 for c:\ windows xp
/dev/hda2  for D:\ data

2nd drive
/dev/hdb1 /boot
/dev/hdb2 /swap
/dev/hdb3 /root

Here is my grub setup
default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title=gentoo Linux 2.6.3
root (hd1,0)
kernel (hd1,0)/kernel-2.6.3 root=/dev/hdb3
initrd (hd1,0) /initrd-2.6.3

title=Windows XP
root(hd0,0)
chainloader +1

Here is the error:
root (hd1,0)
kernel (hd1,0)/kernel-2.6.3 root=/dev/hdb3
Error 15: file not found

I have struggled with this for 4 days, before crying out for help. well i live in the Highlands Ranch area, if you think you can help, would pay for your gas or can come and meet with you on Sunday to figure this thing out. here is my contact number 303.210.3045.

Thanks,

Yuko Jonah

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down
to their level, then beat you with experience