[CLUE-Tech] Introduction New Subscriber

info at booga-wooga.com info at booga-wooga.com
Sat Jan 3 09:08:31 MST 2004

Hello.

In looking at the archives I didn't see any introductions so I don't know if
this is appropriate - but I wanted to introduce myself since I just signed up
for the list. I have been a web developer and after having to work with a
variety of server-hosts / admins, I recently built a {managed} server of my
own. I'm on it daily looking for ways to not break it, while learning how to
build and admin the next one myself. I have always used Windows, and want to
build a Linux box for my working applications. But I don't know exactly where
to start, or how to find time in my production schedule to make the 'switch'.

I've found the information here to be a little over my head, as I'm
a "newbie" - very intereted in Linux. I do understand most everything
discuessed here, but lack the hands on experience to put it all together.

Questions / Information I am interested in right now included unix / apache /
FreeBSD / running a web server / co-locating, server admin - basic and
advanced commands. The world of open source. Here to learn.

Is this the right place for me? I guess I'm looking for a mentor or a group
of mentors. Am interested in the club and what it might offer.

Thanks and I look forward to reading the posts and hopefully contributing.

Cricket Harris
Littleton CO