[CLUE-Tech] Introduction New Subscriber

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Jan 14 06:13:44 MST 2004

Well, let me take this opportunity to propose a meeting place in
Littleton.  If anyone lives down in Littleton or south west Denver, I
would enjoy starting one of these.  I am supposed to begin working
with a group of high school kids on there robot project after school
for the next few weeks.  After that though a once per month hacking
session would be pretty cool.

I have to admit that I was not as interested in the CLUE meeting
because it was a lecture format which is good for learning stuff, but
I was honestly hoping for something more interactive.  Live just
gather a gaggle of geeks together with a WiFi LAN (or WAN) and see
what happens.  Surely everyone has some pet project that they are
working on in their spare time.  Nothing is quite as motivating
towards releasing a piece of free software than to have someone else
tell you how cool that software is!

Any takers?

-Dale

Ed Hill <ed at eh3.com> writes:

> Hi Dale,
>
> I used to organize the Golden HS meetings but we moved to Boston in
> mid-June.  I miss the Boulder and Golden HS meetings a lot -- and have
> yet to find a similar group (or time for one!) here.

> If you (or someone else) would like to organize Golden HS meetings, that
> would be very cool.  Please email Sean <jafo at tummy.com> and/or me to get

I know Sean.  "Hi" if you're lurking out there somewhere.

> Ed

> ps - If you stop by Higher Grounds for any reason please say "Hi!"
>      to Donna and Marcie for me!

I used to know the people there, too.  We had started to go to that
coffee shop in the Armory because they had sandwiches.  I have not
been there in years.