[CLUE-Tech] Introduction New Subscriber

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 20:00:06 MST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:13:44 -0700
dhawkins at cdrgts.com (Dale K. Hawkins) wrote:

> Well, let me take this opportunity to propose a meeting place in
> Littleton.  If anyone lives down in Littleton or south west Denver, I
> would enjoy starting one of these.
>
> I have to admit that I was not as interested in the CLUE meeting
> because it was a lecture format which is good for learning stuff, but
> I was honestly hoping for something more interactive.
> Any takers?
>
> -Dale

Sounds good.  Here's my $.02

1. Location. How about a place only a few miles west of I25 (maybe University and 470)?  I'm in SE Aurora, and driving all the way to the SW corner would be a drag.

2. Frequency. Maybe twice a month?

3. Initially no fixed topic(s), just people and sharing ideas.  Bring your questions and answers to share.  Expand from that basis when someone gets a bright idea.  Encourage newbies and gurus to participate.

4. I don't see a need to form a new group (a la hacking society); better to maintain the CLUE association.

5. The one thing that would be a turnoff for me (others speak up) is to have eneryone sitting around separately clicking away at laptops.  Some of us don't even have laptops.

--
Collins - Denver Area
Gentoo stable plus kernel 2.6.1-mm2