[CLUE-Tech] Just a little help?

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Jan 15 06:49:16 MST 2004

I hate to keep bring it up, but what are you _really_ trying to
accomplish?

Depending on what you are trying to do, there is most likely already a
tool out which does it much, much better (debugged, thorough, etc.)

If you are trying to compare some directories, wouldn't you simply use
diff?

For example would

$ diff -q /home/dlwillson /backup/dlwillson

do what you want?

What about rsync in dry-run mode?

$ rsync -n -av /home/dlwillson /backup/dlwillson

For all my experience with UNIX, I have learned that laziness is still
a very strong motivator.  Listen to your inner bum! :-)

That being sed (or said), is will this work for you?

#!/bin/bash

src=/home/dhawkins/tmp
dst=/tmp

for dn in `find $src -type d | sed "s@$src@$dst at g"`