[CLUE-Tech] Red Hat Ending Support (Long, but very pertinent and an enjoyable read - really, I wouldn't kid you....)

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Fri Jan 16 15:32:19 MST 2004

David Anselmi wrote:

> [snip]

> Nice summary, Dave.  How does Fedora handle security patches?  My
> impression is that there's no RHN support for Fedora so you don't have
> the same errata and easy up2date that RHE has.  But does the community
> provide errata for Fedora or do you wait for the next FC release?
>
> Dave

Fedora can be updated using up2date, yum and apt.  Quite a few mirrors
exist, but, they start with the fedora.redhat.com servers.  So really,
other then a different channel or a different app, updating remains very
much the same.  We've setup a yum server in the office for our updates -
*very* simple to maintain and use.

So really, things haven't changed that much.  There is a testing set of
RPMS.  From that source and the results of the testing by the community,
RPMs are blessed and made part of FC1/updates on the main site and the
mirrors.  Pretty clear path.

Hope that helps,

-d