[CLUE-Tech] SouthWest Denver Hacking Society

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Jan 17 01:49:36 MST 2004

On Friday, Jan 16, 2004, at 12:44 America/Denver, Joe Daily wrote:

> I know that you are looking for free wireless down in littleton near
> C-470 and ken caryl, the only places that i know is the hodilay inn
> and chatfield high. Although i might know a small business that may
> help us out if in exchange we do a little IT work. (5-8 desktops).
> Also keep in mind that higher grounds in golden offers free wifi and
> if all else fails we could set up a hacking society meeting after the
> robotics club meetings at mines.

I'm boycotting Golden until they pull their heads out of the sand and
let the rest of the city complete C-470.  :-)

Ok, just kidding about the boycott, but seriously folks -- a city the
size of Denver that has no completed beltway because 30 people near the
foothills want to pretend they're in the Wild West even though there's
a brewery larger than the rest of the entire town 30 yards away?
C'mon... get off it.

I used to live in Golden.  Everyone there works in Denver or at Coors.
Unless Coors can absorb all the rest of the town Golden ought to stop
trying to act like their fate isn't tied to Denver's.  Gridlock in
Denver means no jobs for Golden-ites... duhhhh...

Heh... sorry, not suitable for CLUE-Tech... but we can take it to -Talk
if anyone's interested...  ;-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com