[CLUE-Tech] SW Hacking Society Initial Meeting

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Mon Jan 19 08:53:15 MST 2004

David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> writes:

> Make meeting announcements to CLUE Announce.

I had replied earlier about meeting at Hops.  Well, given that Hops
does not have WiFi and it can get very crowded, I propose meeting
somewhere else.

OK, this is very cool (I don't know why I didn't think to google this
up right away), here is a list of WiFi hot spots in Littleton.

http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/browse/us/2000258/2046784/

I noticed we could go to a Starbucks or Peaberry.  Coffee and WiFi --
a very good hacking combo.

I called the Starbucks at Wadsworth and Bowles.  The lady did not know
much about their setup, but she claimed, they can get kind of crowded.

I am trying to get a line on the Starbucks at C-470 and Ken Caryl.
They are much less busy and have some sort of "conference" table.
Supposedly, they also have WiFi.  I am looking into it.  I will
probably head down that way sometime today just to scout it out.
(I tried calling, but no one picked up).

Ken Caryl & Alkire
12512 West Ken Caryl Ave
Littleton, Colorado 80127
720-922-7941

So, I will be there this coming Tuesday (the 20th) at 19:30.  Look for
the tall good looking, muscular GQ guy and think "Wow.  If I looked
like that I probably would not have become a nerd in the first place."
Then keep looking for the stunted, skinny little geeky guy with the
laptop!  I will most likely be wearing a t-shirt and shorts (I almost
aways wear shorts even in the dead of winter).

I will put up a quick web page this morning with the meeting info.

-Dale