[CLUE-Tech] [TECH] - How to resend email in server mailbox

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Jan 23 16:45:52 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:25:54 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> > 1. Deliver the email in their email boxes on my system (only a couple
> > doxen accounts) to their email server now that it is back online.
>
> Not sure on this.  At least you can script pulling each message out of
> the mailboxes and stuffing it into sendmail.  You can open each mailbox
> with Mutt and forward them all (and perhaps that can be scripted too).
> Not necessarily clean but should work.

I'd guess whipping something up using formail as a start would work,
provided the From: header can be properly retained, which ought to be
possible. formail has a facility whereby it splits a mailbox into
individual messages, and will invoke a script for each message. That
script would need to handle the actual invocation of sendmail, or
whatever.

The above is from my memory of reading the formail manpage over a year
ago. YMMV, RTFM. ;-)

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/