[CLUE-Tech] A linux distro that has updates

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Wed Jan 28 16:33:15 MST 2004

I'm polling fellow CLUEbies to ask your suggestion on a linux distribution
that has decent updates.

I am using redhat 8.0 and 9.0 currently, but as we all know they're
dropping support for those distributions. The $60 red hat network service
likewise ends in April. The enterprise product isn't really an option due
to the higher cost.

In the past I've also used Mandrake and their update service, but IMHO it
left a lot to be desired in reliability and coherence.

My first choice to continue using red hat in the hopes that there's
something cooked up which will perform the same function as the red hat
network. Barring that, what's a distribution that's reliable, not loaded
down with frills, and has a good update service? I'm not opposed to paying
for it, so long as it isn't more than $60/yr per box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks