[CLUE-Tech] Small network security distro recommendations?

Grep Ergo Sum - I grep therefore I am dwh at surfingpenguin.com
Wed Jan 28 12:33:18 MST 2004

> I want to build a firewall/router box, that should also  be able to do

Hi, Glen,

   I strongly recommend Smoothwall (www.smoothwall.og).  It's
Debian based, browser-based, and works pretty well.  I'm running
one on a Pentium 1 (as in, Pentium before they started
numbering them :-) ).  It uses snort, and runs on a teeny
disk.  You boot it up, it takes over the disk and machine and
just installs itself.

   Very impressive.

Dave Hagerty
... and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
Isaiah 19:9 (KJV)

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it
said 'Requires Windows 98 or better'. So I installed Linux."

"There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the
credit." - George C. Marshall