[CLUE-Tech] Mail Delivery (failure clue-tech@clue.denver.co.us)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jul 8 10:27:19 MDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:38:50 -0400
"Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason at blazenet.net> wrote:

> I didn't know you guys allowed binary attachments.

The list management software we use, GNU Mailman, does not, AFAIK, have
the capability to strip attachments. Perhaps the newer version of it does.
We will be migrating to the newer version when we move to our new server.

Hmmm, found a reference to stripping attachments at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=3844 -- I'll bring this up
with the admins.

> This needs to be fixed.  Or unsubscribe me,  one or the other.

I'm afraid I can't give you any assurances. I can tell you that it's very
rare for us to have viruses on the list. In fact, if it's happened before,
it's been long enough ago that I don't remember it.

You'll have to decide whether to stay subscribed. Hope you'll continue to
hang around.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/