[CLUE-Tech] Mail Delivery (failure clue-tech@clue.denver.co.us)

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 8 12:16:16 MDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:30:35 -0600
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it's really from the list. See
> > http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-tech/2004-July/010451.html
> >
> > I don't have it -- apparently my ISP's virus filtering caught it.
> > Don't have Match's reply either. But then, the e-mail archive
> > doesn't show a reply from Match either.
> >
> > Someone on the list has an infected machine?
>
> Quite possible.
>
> The experiences of everyone on this one are interesting.  Those that
> had multi-layered defenses against spam/viruses didn't get it, those
> that relied on the mailing list server only did.  Seems to make a case
>
> for the multi-layered defense model, doesn't it?
>
> (In my case the message did arrive and went straight into the
> "probably-spam" folder.)

If I got this, I must have deleted it as uninteresting. Since I'm using
a mailer (sylpheed) that groups attachments, html, pgp and other crap
(yes, before you ask, I include pgp in that category, just more trash I
have to look at whether I want it or not) on the right side of the
window, unless there's something to prompt me in the text, I would never
see the garbage.

It's only occasionally that this type of #$@! gets through to this list
or any list I subscribe to. Since I don't run a M$Crap system where
viruses might be dangerous, it's a big deal as far as I'm concerned - a
tempest in a teapot.  That's why the delete button was invented.

If you can do anything about this from an admin standpoint, feel free to
do so. I suppose you could scan the archives, look for respondents with
an M$Crap mailer, and ask them to check their machines.

Whatever you do, please don't unsubscribe me from the list. I value the
input enough that I can tolerate the (very) occaional bit of spam. Even
the most draconian spam filters will let something slip through.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey