[CLUE-Tech] upgrading from FC1 to FC2

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Thu Jul 8 13:11:40 MDT 2004

Greg Knaddison wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:07:46 -0600, David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
>

>>Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>>

>>>I was thinking... would just changing the repository in sources.list for
>>>apt from FC1 to FC2 be safe?  Is that a good way to upgrade from FC1 to
>>>FC2?
>>>

>>That's what you would do in Debian.  If the alternative is a fresh
>>install, why not try it?  You can always do the fresh install after an
>>upgrade fails.  But look at the difference between upgrade and dist-upgrade.
>>

>Should you decide to just go ahead and try it...you may want to follow
>this advice:
>
>http://linux.duke.edu/%7Eskvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt

I ended up trying this.  I installed fedoral-release 2 and started to
update with yum, but I ran into problems pretty fast with dependencies.
Luckily I was able to use apt and synaptic for miracles--they rolled
back a few of the versions for me, so I'm back to square one.  I looked
into a few other things such as freshrpms.net development source in apt,
but it produced some results that were scary as well.  Is there a way to
upgrade using anaconda over the net?

Angelo