[CLUE-Tech] virtual hosting with pop/imap/usernames

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Tue Jul 13 18:45:53 MDT 2004

Angelo:

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but, this is one of the
reasons we moved from sendmail to qmail - virutalizing users for POP and
IMAP were much simpler.  I've heard the same thing with Exim and Postfix.

However, if the issue the the picking up of the mail by the user, you
may be able to user a system like Courier (for IMAP and POP) that will
operate with virtualized users.  Then, the only issue is having sendmail
get things to the right spool.

hth,

-d