[CLUE-Tech] My 30-second SuSE 9.1 Review (err, whinge)

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Jul 26 00:51:03 MDT 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 09:00, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Did you notice where I mentioned I was on the Gnome desktop? The only
> stuff under the Internet menu was applications, such as Mozilla.

Oops no, sorry... I missed that you were using GNOME.  I'm not surprised that
GNOME is broken on SuSE much, though... they're very KDE-centric.

Do they do like RH and have the KDE-specific tools show up in the GNOME menus,
and vice-versa?  Perhaps you'd just need to install KInternet and use it from
GNOME to make things work?  I guess the whole thing where it puts itself in
KDE's taskbar would probably mean no... that probably doesn't work.  Uggh.

Bummer.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com