[CLUE-Tech] Store and forward

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Jul 27 12:53:29 MDT 2004

>sendmail does store-and-forward by default when it is in the
>queue mode.  (O DeliveryMode=)
>
>The choices for delivery mode include interactive, background,
>and queue.  The latter two are store-and-forward - the last
>one requires that something happen to cause the queue to run
>(like a cron job that makes sendmail -q run), or else -bd -q5m
>on the command line, to cause it to run the queue every 5
>minutes when running as a daemon.  (You can set whatever queue
>interval you want of course.)

Since we also need to accept mail locally for domain names, is there a
way to queue just certain domain names?  Ok that's asking a lot, so what
options do I have using the second two?  I'm guessing that ours is
currently set to background.

Should I :

1) Use background, and allow relaying ?

2) Use queue and set up a cron job ?

>Do you know why your mail program (MUA) puts this huge obnoxious
>header in every e-mail you send out?  I think it is all one line.
>It'd be good if you could turn that off.

Wow, I have no idea how that got set.  Seems a bit excessive.  Have my
emails always gone out that way?