[CLUE-Tech] Tape Drives - why?

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:36:32 MDT 2004

This is a very site specific question.  How often are you required to restore?
How quickly are you expected to complete your restore?  How far back is it
expected that you have retained data onsite and off?

Offsite storage is very important as an archive - but fairly useless for
quick recovery unless it is near.

I am forced to rotate 15 EOD backups AND I rotate a special weekend
backup offsite for each of my servers.  Call it a bad environment if you wish.
I call it go with the flow.

Rich