[CLUE-Tech] Mounting FAT32 partition as /home

Jay Seven Ess j7s12b at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 1 14:52:18 MDT 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 01:51 pm, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> The root user, which has its home directory under /root instead of /home
> is able to log in to X fine.  Are there any special reasons why the fat32
> partition would have conflicts?  my fstab is basically vfat and
> defaults,umask=000
>
> Angelo

I'm unclear on the use of umask on a FAT FS (if thats what you meant).

On my dual boot, I had to form the fstab entries below in order for a
normal user to access them. IIRC, there are 2 or 3 ways to do this.
Look at MOUNT(8)

/dev/hda1         /mnt/win_C          vfat    defaults,uid=500,gid=500  0 0
/dev/hdc1         /mnt/win_D          vfat    defaults,uid=500,gid=500  0 0