[CLUE-Tech] If you administer a mail server, you might find this useful.

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 10:35:22 MDT 2004

I released my first GNU GPL project yesterday, dubbed popauth3 -- a derivitave of the original POP
before SMTP daemon, popauther.  It was engineered for use with postfix, but it is modular and can
be easily extended to other MTAs.

What's important is that it offers a stronger anti-UCE stance than most other solutions, including
automated null-routing of repeat offenders.  Even if you don't need the POP before SMTP
authentication mechanism (easily disabled), you should find this useful.

Please visit the project's home page for more information and the free source:
http://mail.teamdelsol.com/popauth3/

I am looking for anyone interested in applying this tool to their production (or experimental)
environments so that we can test it under stress and ultimately dub it as stable.

Thank you.

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)